What is CEREC technology?
CEREC (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramic) technology is used to create high quality and bespoke dental restorations on site at the dental practice in Ruislip. These include:
- Inlays and Onlays
- Dental implants
At J&R Dental we use CAD/CAM (Computer-Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacturing) in designing and creating these restorations.
The technological software and computerised design unit enables restorations to be created precisely and comfortably to fit within your mouth and face structure.
Our commitment to digital dentistry and high-end technology means that
patients from Ruislip, Northwood, Uxbridge, Harrow, Ickenham, Pinner, and throughout London can enjoy fast, painless and precise treatment.
What is the process for CEREC at J&R Dental in Ruislip?
There are 3 steps to using the CEREC technology at J&R Dental.
Your dentist will numb and prepare the tooth that needs the dental restoration. Your mouth and teeth are then scanned using a digital camera.
Using the CAD/CAM software, your restoration will be custom designed to fit your teeth and mouth. We can then print the finished designs using a 3D printer to provide a prototype or form an accurate surgical guide for use in dental implant dentistry.
The design is then relayed to our 5-Axis Roland milling machine which produces the restoration on site using zirconia to the highest degree of accuracy. Finally, the restoration is fitted into your mouth and any adjustments are made.
J&R Dental for
Affordable dental care – we offer 0% finance and work closely with you to create finance plans which will work to your budget
Comfortable and pain free – we will do all we can to make you relaxed and comfortable. We will listen to you and ensure you are in control
Patient generated care – everything we do is focused on what is right for you and your treatment
Free cosmetic consultation – book a free consultation to find out more about this treatment in detail
Technology lead – our CBCT scanner enables us to better control your orthodontic treatment
Book your free consultation for Digital Dentistry
What are the advantages of using CEREC technology in Ruislip?
Patients from Ruislip, Ickenham, Pinner, Uxbridge, Northwood, Harrow, and throughout London are enjoying the benefits of CEREC technology:
- Less appointment times. Dental work that traditionally would require several visits to complete, can now be carried out in a single dental appointment of about 30 minutes meaning less inconvenience and time off work for you
- Accurate. The milling machine used in the creation of your restoration is incredibly accurate and allows the team at J&R Dental to ensure a greater level of control over the process
- Complete. Reducing the need for numerous appointments means there’s no need for temporary fixes whilst you wait for your bespoke restoration
- High success rate. The precision that CEREC technology allows mean that the creation and fitting of restorations has a high success rate
- Comfortable and painless. As the process for restorations is carried out digitally, there’s no need for messy fillers or impressions that were traditionally used. The process is non-invasive
Frequently Asked Questions about Digital Dentistry
Is CEREC and digital dentistry a new concept?
The use of CAD (Computer Aided Design) and CEREC technology has been in existence for about 20 years, so it’s not a completely new concept. Technology has improved within this time which has allowed modifications to take place so that the service is always up to date.
Do all dentists who use CEREC technology produce the same results?
Not necessarily. As with any form of technology, the result will rely upon the skill, experience and knowledge of the operator. The team at J&R Dental keep up to date with changes in the technology to ensure they provide you with the highest level of service.
Why is it better for me if my dentist uses CEREC digital technology?
Digital dentistry and the use of CEREC technology gives a more comprehensive service to you. Your restoration, whether that is a crown, veneer or dental bridge, is made more accurately, it’s a more comfortable process, it’s less invasive and less time consuming too.